Diploma in VAT Excellence (DiVE)
The Chelco VAT International Academy is proud to announce the launch of the Diploma in VAT Excellence (DiVE), a course spanning a period of 10-months, which will elevate Value Added Tax knowledge to the level of a VAT expert, with an emphasis on the Cyprus VAT legislation.
The world of VAT requires dedication and knowledge to tackle the complexities of the legislation. Attending a seminar, conference or a short course may be enlightening to an extent, but is certainly not sufficient as a basis for practicing VAT advice or compliance services. The purpose of DiVE is to allow individuals and/or businesses to invest in a solid foundation on which they can then offer or apply the knowledge gained to service their own VAT requirements or those of their clients.
The diploma is geared towards industry professionals dealing with complex VAT issues, such as CFOs, Financial Controllers, accountants, tax consultants and tax lawyers.
The purpose of DiVE is to allow individuals and/or businesses to invest in a solid foundation on which they can then offer or apply the knowledge gained to address their own VAT requirements or those of their clients.
Lessons will be delivered through a combination of group classes, one-on-one workshops and online sessions, while for the first six months, classes will be held for one week each month from 9am to 5pm daily.
The course will commence in September 2021 with completion in June 2022 and will be taught by Academy Instructors, Alexis Tsielepis and Panayiotis Panayi, as well as specialised VAT experts from Cyprus and abroad.
The course will cover:
- Detailed analysis of the main provisions of the VAT Directive, and how certain provisions have been transposed in the Cyprus VAT legislation
- Detailed analysis of key VAT judgments of the European Court of Justice
- Four 1-on-1 workshops of 1,5 hours each with each and every candidate to offer the best personalised learning environment
- Free participation for all candidates in all seminars/webinars and events hosted by the Chelco VAT International Academy during the period of their registration
- Written and oral examinations
- Successful candidates will receive the Diploma in VAT Excellence issued by the Chelco VAT International Academy
The topics that will be analysed by VAT experts in detail as part of the course will be:
- Taxable person
- Taxable transactions
- Place of supply
- Taxable amount
- Time of supply
- Obligation to pay VAT
- VAT rates
- Tour Operator Margin Scheme (TOMS)
- Margin scheme for second hand goods (including art and vehicles)
- Capital goods scheme
- One Stop Shop (OSS) and Import One Stop Shop (IOSS)
Registrations are now open!
WHEN, HOW & HOW MUCH?
|Dates||September 2021 – June 2022|
|Method||In person and online|
|Cost||€6.000* + VAT for registrations received before 1 August 2021
€7.200* + VAT for registrations received on or after 1 August 2021
*Invoiced in 3 equal instalments on Registration, 1 December 2021 and 1 March 2022.